Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trip to Florida 9-13-10

So I realize that this is not the 'special' blog topic I had talked about. That will have to wait for another time. If you want you can guess what it is and Ill even give you a hint-its not a what its a who!

Rj is getting predeployment leave this coming up week. (Meaning, last time off before deployment). We chose to goto Flordia to visit some of my extended family. And because we havent been yet as a couple and its about 1/2 the price of going to Michigan. Not to mention SO much less pressure. We will be staying with my Aunt Cheryl, my Uncle Karl, and cousin Kara at their house (WITH A POOL) in Jacksonville.

We have multiple things planned. I would LOVE to goto the Jacksonville Zoo, although Rj doesnt seem to thrilled about that. We plan on going to the beach not to far from my Aunt and Uncles house. RJ told me the other day it was his goal to go swimming everyday we are there, thats so like him.

We are also going to head over to the other side of the state and goto Blue Spring. Rj heard about it from a friend and from my understanding its a river thats a natural spring. You can go tubing down it, swimming, snorkeling, ect. It stays at about 72degrees all year round so in the winter (Nov-Feb) the manatees from the ocean migrate into the river to live. We wont be able to see manatees but its suppose to be crystal clear. We are both pretty excited about this mini trip!

I also have an Aunt that lives in St. Augustine. Honestly, I havent called her to see if we can visit but I will probly do that in the car driving over. Hopefully we will be able to. I want to go visit some of the old Forts and go on a haunted gohst walk through town(lame but probly fun).

Im sure we will make a few other mini trips. We will be there for 7ish days. Also, our camera is broke (grrr) so we probly wont have too many pictures of the trip :(

6 comments:

  1. Awwww...I happen to check in here to see if there any blog news and there it is! Yippeee!! I love to hear from you guys and rest of my family! I don't hardly hear from any of you but it good to hear the good stuff going on. I hope u both have a wonderful vacation in Florida and it sure sound so much fun! Sorry to hear that camera broke...U know me..PICTURES is my favorite things to look up and to enjoy it every minute of it!
    Hope u have every chances that u guys want to do in Florida. YUP, That RJ who love to be in water everyday. He still grew up loving the water...Hey RJ..AREN'T YOU glad that I push u in water when u were 3 yrs old with a life jacket on (U were so afraid of water and didn't want to go in at all and always hang on to me tight) I push u in and u scream till u got in water then start to LOVE IT! U went in and in and in ever SINCE! (Trying to make u not be afraid of water and I am there with you but u have no fear anymore since)

    Well, since Emily brought up about the HINT? What Hint were u guys talking about? Confusing!

    Have a FAB Vacation to my lovely children and grandchild!

    Love u bunches, MOM OZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. BY THE WAY..Seeing the OOM'S BABY tickle me to death..I can't wait! By answering if boy or girl..I haven't seen ur stomach yet so when u post it someday..then I will guess! Winkz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this is rj were arent going to do stomach pictures i think thier slightly raunchy and really not for the public to see

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fine..I just wait till I see her when she come home from Louisiana! Will be happy to have her around with us and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is rj again thats fine you can wait for her to come back to michgan but i just want to say that the poll is for fun and we will no the sex in less then a month so by then its a little to late

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to say it a boy cuz it strongly carry in the family but also want to say girl in family to make it even! I wld just click whatever I put in Poll. Then I will tell u the day u guys find out!

    ReplyDelete