Monday, September 20, 2010

Florida, in pictures, again

The first full day we were in FL we went to the ocean. Needless to say the sun was not our friend. We got fried. Soo no pictures from that although we did have a ton of fun.
On Tuesday we did something I wanted to do and went to the Jacksonville Zoo. What. A. Workout. We saw all sorts of cool animals. We went into the snake room right at feeding time and that was AWESOME.


The gorilla was super cool. He just kinda hung out and looked at us.


This guy just wanted us to give him food.


We payed an extra $2 and got to pet the Sting Rays. I didnt enjoy it very much(kinda felt like wet rubber) but Rj loved it. The Sting Rays would swim around the pool and you were able to reach in and pet them as they went past.


We came back during feeding time. Rj was given a cup of (frozen)small fish and shrimp. Sting Rays eat by going over your hand and forming a suction and suck the food up. I actually got 2 great pictures of them eating out of Rjs hand, this one was just a little better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez...Stingrag..Not for me! But knowing RJ..he love to touch anything!

    It kewl to see gorilla...so cute!

    THERE HOPE FAVORITE...Giraffffffffe!

    All the rest of pictures are awesome and I love the sky part and it beauitful!!

    Drive safe home!

    Hugz..Mom Oz

    ReplyDelete